This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I see a therapist without my parents finding out?
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM
How can I see a therapist without my parents finding out?
I wouldn't even be asking this if it weren't for my teacher who thought it would be fine and dandy to alert my parents of me having a suicide plan. I am so angry at her. She alerted my academic counselor from my freshman to sophomore year and the one from junior to senior year. Luckily my counselor called me in to talk to me about my "stress" and accidentally mentioned suicide so I was able to soothe everything over when I got home and my mother asked me about it.

You know how people say when you're depressed or feeling suicidal you should tell someone about it? I did. I told a teacher I thought I could TRUST and told her how if my parent's were to find out they would NOT take me to a therapist but instead PUNISH me because "its all inside my head". Thank god I didn't tell her about my mild eating disorder and self mutilation habits. Who knows what would have gone down then. I probably wouldn't even have been on the computer.

When I got home from school, I told my mother I spoke to my counselor and my mother asked me about "the crazy teacher who said I was being suicidal due to stress". She also added that my counselor was interested in how my weekend had gone and thought I was going to kill myself. I just said that she must have taken what I said about wanting to die so I wouldn't have to finish my math class literally. My mother laughed it off and went away to go harass me about how I need to wash my face four times a day because I was breaking out.

My teacher then messaged me on facebook and asked how things went with my parents. I lied and said I talked about it with my dad and that he had a friend (since my dad wanted to be a therapist about a decade ago) who taught group therapy and would probably call him tonight. Yes, lying is bad. But my parents do not understand.

They can't understand why I am depressed, because half the time I don't know why I even am. I've been severely bullied online and in my school, I've been losing my friends left and right, and my parents need to get a divorce because their constant fighting makes me hate myself and everything even more.... but I never felt that I deserve to be depressed. I was looking through answers on here about similar things and all those other people have serious, good, solid reasons. (y'know, the whole rape or beating or parents who abused drugs and didn't care for them).

I mean, I don't want to continue burning myself, because I am seriously running out of areas that would go unnoticed. I already have to put make up on my fingers to hide the words I carved into the sides. And my hips, stomach, sholderblades, back of neck and thighs are a serious mess... I want to stop that, although the initiative seems to fade after about a week. And now I am ranting this to complete strangers....

TL;DR
I need to say I am going to a therapist or counselor and actually be somewhat honest. My parents have Kaiser and I've always been told that our insurance was pretty good. I also have a job so I could pay for the therapist on my own. But to be honest, I just want to be left alone about this. I thought if you told an authority figure like a teacher or something that they wouldn't go around trying to get your parents evolved. I'm almost 18 (4 months and 20 days left) and then I guess I could do whatever... I just can't have my parent's finding out and I want that stupid lady to leave me alone and stop trying to get me in trouble. T^T

Still too long... how do I proceed with something like this? I've heard that if I talked about it with my GP that it would take 3 months for me to go into the whole mental branch of Kaiser... and I have a feeling my teacher won't stop harassing me about this whole ordeal until I show proof of me going to something to help me with my depression and suicidal thoughts....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How can I see a therapist without my parents finding out? - Everleigh - 03-24-2014 10:34 AM
[] - Grace - 03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
[] - Emily - 03-24-2014, 10:41 AM
[] - .... - 03-24-2014, 10:43 AM
[] - Parrill Apple - 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM
[] - Don't click on me - 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM