This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I see a therapist without my parents finding out?
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM

One of my friends asked a teacher if it was possible to go see a therapist without his mother knowing and ended up in a psychiatric ward for months. He is suicidal and self harms as well, and I believe these situations are comparable.
I can guarantee that things work differently in my school, but not entirely so. After he confessed these things, they had him take a test that judged his mental stability. It was too low for him to function properly in our school system, so he was transported to a mental hospital and then went to a school that focused on the mental well-being of students as well as their education.
In this case, telling the teacher that he needed help was the first step to recovery. He's a long way from being fixed, but he's trying.
I understand that you think your parents don't understand at all, but you need to really talk to them about it. The thing about being depressed is that you don't necessarily have a reason to be sad - you just are. While you may not know why you feel that way, a therapist can get to the root of the problem, and essentially help you in the end. What you need to do is really talk to your parents and explain that it isn't just a temporary thing and that you aren't crazy. It's a serious problem that needs fixed.
I understand what you are going through, and I want you to know that you aren't alone. There are people that want to help you. That teacher wasn't trying to abandon your trust, they were doing what they were taught to do, and trying to help you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Grace - 03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
[] - Emily - 03-24-2014 10:41 AM
[] - .... - 03-24-2014, 10:43 AM
[] - Parrill Apple - 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM
[] - Don't click on me - 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM