This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people think they need to date/marry?
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

A lot of people are scared of being left alone. They figure, if I don't find a partner and get married before I'm 30... 35.... 40.... I never will. And I'll die alone. People see their friends getting married, and feel pressured to do the same because they don't want to be left behind.

The only thing I don't understand is the source of that fear. When I see myself not getting married in the future... well I feel happy. I know that no matter what, I will have the freedom to do what I want with my life, whenever I want to.

On the other hand, I do believe some people choose to settle down because they actually want to, not out of fear. Like my grandparents.... they lived in the same town their entire life, they've been married for over 50 years, and they're happy together. They just don't expect much from life, and they're comfortable as-is. And that's good for them. But that definitely would never work for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Death - 03-24-2014, 10:45 AM
[] - cHAcHA - 03-24-2014 10:54 AM