This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seeking advice for simple direct ways to sell handmade items?
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Seeking advice for simple direct ways to sell handmade items?
Hi Im hoping to get some advice from anyone and everyone!
I'm going to start selling handmade cards and paper gifts online. I have started building a website on Moonfruit and have also just installed StoreYa (which is free) to my Facebook page.
I'm not really sure what Im doing just muddling along at the moment.

Im wondering should I set my free moonfruit web page up as a 'meet and greet' kind of page with contact details - previous examples of work etc - and then add a link to facebook store (storeYa)

Or pay monthly for the moonfruit site and sell directly from there?

I have seen other crafters using a business web address and then adding a link to etsy or ebay etc, but wondered if it looks dodgy or unprofessional not actually selling on the website you initially direct prospective customers to?

I currently sell my goods in an antiques centre but would like to add a mini moo card to my items with one point of contact on the details rather than listing multipul points of sale like etsy - web shop and fb shop etc .

I feel like there are so many choices my head is spining. I rent a cabinet to sell my goods in the antique centre so I want to avoid commiting/wasting extra money and time to online options that may end up being a dead end.

If you have any words of wisdom please feel free to pass it on Smile
Many thanks for your time!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Seeking advice for simple direct ways to sell handmade items? - Virgo - 03-24-2014 10:47 AM
[] - Tony Mac - 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
[] - Chekkout - 03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
[] - Eric - 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM
[] - HuckingFilarious - 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
[] - Nicole S - 03-24-2014, 11:15 AM
[] - tim - 03-24-2014, 11:18 AM