This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want my ex who dumped me to beg just so i can have the satisfaction of saying too late, why?
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM

When a break-up happens, particularly if you are the person dumped, it is a rejection. What is worse, the thing being rejected is you in the most fundamental way. The rejection is all tied up with our feelings of self-worth.

You are aware that the break is actually the right thing. Even so, there are a lot of feelings to be worked through. Feelings of anger, feelings of regret. This takes time and the amount of time varies from person-to-person. She might be over it in 2 weeks. For you it is taking a lot longer. You are not ready to be friends with her whatever she feels. You still need to be ignoring her, not talking to her and not having contact with her.

Now the reason she wants to keep talking to you is actually very similar to the reason you want her to beg to come back. You both want your feelings to be validated by the other person. In your case, you want her to recognise, and express to you, what a wonderful person you are. You want her to realise what she has lost. You want her to recognise that you are the person in the right. Partly you want to hurt her as you have been hurt. It is a very natural feeling, and most people go through this stage when getting over a break-up.

None of this is likely to happen (and it is probably a good thing that doesn't). Logically, you realise that but then we are not talking logic here, we are talking emotion.

If she messages you, delete the messages unread. Stay away from her as much as you can - and that includes social media. Be positive in that you are going to choose when you are ready (if you ever are) to talk to her or be friends. Don't let that be her decision or under her control.

Remember that the longer you poke at the remnants of your relationship, the longer it will take you get over it. Really, there isn't anything about what happened that needs to be discussed - it is too late; you can't change the past. Likewise, she gave up her right to care for you (and to be seen to care for you) when she split with you. She has no "right" to talk to you, and you have no "duty" to respond to her.

Best wishes.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Vamp - 03-24-2014 11:01 AM