This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I change the pitch of a song over a video I've edited, will Facebook not delete my video?
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM

No, it is illegal to publish copyrighted things that you did not create yourself (from scratch), unless you have a license.

Admitting that you know it's copyrighted and you don't own the right to publish it SHOULD be the answer to your own question. If nobody reports me for running a stop sign without slowing down, does that make it legal? "Pitch shifting" copyrighted music is an additional copyright infringement called "derivative work" that will be added to the "unauthorized publication" when you are sued.

Whether your FB or YT account is suspended immediately or terminated forever is completely up to them, once you have violated the terms and conditions of your membership.

The good news is that if you have "uploaded the same music before and it's fine", then you can only be sued for the single $150,000 for each song, not $150,000 for each illegal publication; provided it is the same song (and not one that you have changed the pitch on, making it a new derivative work).

So, bottom line, you're already looking at a $300,000 risk by uploading (publishing) TWO songs you don't own the rights to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Xander - 03-24-2014, 11:15 AM
[] - Sam - 03-24-2014, 11:16 AM
[] - oh not not again - 03-24-2014, 11:21 AM
[] - Techwing - 03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
[] - bcnu - 03-24-2014 11:26 AM