This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think I may have Bipolar Disorder or BPD?
03-24-2014, 11:22 AM

Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder causing the sufferer to have mania or hypomania and depression. The mood swings are weeks and months long realistically but need to last at least 2 weeks to be diagnosed.

I developed it at 14 and was diagnosed at 18. I go through weeks and months of being depressed, feeling suicidal, hopeless and worthless, going days without leaving bed, never washing or dressing or eating. Trying to kill myself and hurt myself. Sleeping over 18 hours a day and only getting up for the toilet and even then one day i went the whole day without doing that as i was too depressed to get up. Then ill switch into hypomania and i am the complete opposite. Stay up all night for days and days or get like 3 hours a night and am NEVER tired, completely full of energy and confidence. Reckless and impulsive.I will sleep with strangers, steal and shoplift, spend every penny i have on anything, i've spent £2000 in ONE day before, drinking every day, doing drugs or all of the above. I think i can do anything I want and do not care about the consequences. Aggressive and have fits of rage, i once trashed my mums apartment and tore her front door down. Nothing is going fast enough for me. My body can't keep up with me and i am full of ideas. My thoughts race and i talk a million miles an hour. I have no control over my behavior or anything i say. In my last mania i tried to trampoline a moving car and then once i hit full mania I also hear voices telling me to kill myself and harm others and have hallucinations and delusions like thinking i am immortal or that i am Jesus and that i can fly off buildings that lead me to be a danger to myself and end up with me in hospital.

Bipolar moods are more than emotional highs and lows or being angry at people or snapping at people, its mania and depression, and when you are in either state you are in it for weeks and months on end and your mood doesn't change at all then after however long you switch to normal or the opposite state.

Bipolar is not at all just having mood swings or being 'moody', its a severe life long disorder that can make you a danger to yourself and others and end up with you being in hospital to protect yourself or others. Mood swings are where your mood goes happy to sad and it steadily dips and goes down during the day. It is in no shape or form bipolar. You never become a danger to yourself and your mood changes DAILY not in weeks and months and are not severe.

Its unlikely you have bipolar, your behavior isn't extreme enough and i did drugs and alcohol and was so manic i didn't care if i got caught or not, i even drank a bottle of vodka infront of a doctor and even if you did it isn't diagnosed till at least age 18 unless you've had a hospital stay or section. Same for BPD, you cannot get a diagnosis under 18 without a hospital stay. I've been looked at for both disorders and i really doubt you have either. Wait a few years and if you still feel the same see a doctor. Its normal for your age to have mood swings.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - The Bipolar Bear - 03-24-2014 11:22 AM
[] - Autumn - 03-24-2014, 11:28 AM