This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are Jewish people (in general) so successful in the Western societies?
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Why are Jewish people (in general) so successful in the Western societies?
The Jewish diaspora occurred during the 6th century due to the destruction of their homeland by the Romans. Many of them moved to the Eastern European states and started their new lives.
Centuries later, many of the Jewish descents became middle class bourgeois in the white Christian European societies. Even after the WWI, many Jews still controlled the financial institutions across Europe, which is why anti-semitism toward the Jews was so strong. And ultimately, this kind of anti-semitism led to one of the most tragic events in the history, the Holocaust.
Besides that, Jewish population in general is also very successful in the U.S. A lot of banks, medias, and even major universities are controlled by the Jews. I know there are poor people in every ethnic group, but I'm talking about the group as a whole. So please don't get offended or anything.

My question is, why are Jews, who happened to be the ethnic and religious minorities in Europe, are so successful in the Western world? If they're in the minority groups, how did they have the opportunities to climb up the social ladder and become the wealthy bankers in Europe? For example, black people didn't even have the same educational opportunities as the white people before the civil right movement because they are in the minority group. Even today, you tend to get more discrimination than others if you're an ethnic or religious minority (maybe in a less intense level). In the end, what exemplifies the Jews from getting discriminated by others? What makes them so successful as the minorities in the Western societies?

Please understand that this is a sociology and historical question, please don't get offended.
I'll really appreciate it if anyone can answer my question from an objective point of view!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why are Jewish people (in general) so successful in the Western societies? - Mike - 03-24-2014 11:16 AM
[] - Davis - 03-24-2014, 11:22 AM
[] - cyp 450 - 03-24-2014, 11:25 AM
[] - Blanchford - 03-24-2014, 11:27 AM