This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
does anyone understand me?
03-24-2014, 11:48 AM

This may or may not be something you understand at 17. You have to understand that not everything in this world is the way we want it. You want to do things because your friends are allowed. Didn't you ever think that maybe these freedoms your friends have are just peace offerings? They and their parents may not be very close it all. Maybe their parents don't get to see their kids much at all so they try and make up for it by giving their kids whatever they ask for. But maybe their families arent nearly as close as yours may be! And thats the tradeoff! To just up and drive wherever they wish to, go with whoever they want to comes without a price? Having a loving, caring family is the greatest asset any kid could have. If you have more than enough to eat everyday, a warm bed to sleep in at night, get a lot of what you ask for wouldn't you think that you are ahead in the game? I would!
You are 17 and should be more concerned about finishing high school and finding a college to attend to afterward. I didn't get my drivers license until I was almost 26, I didn't have to, my friends carted me wherever I wanted to go.
I'm sure your parents have probably thought about your insurance. What you arent realizing is insurance, even liability for a person your age is EXPENSIVE! Sometimes, just for liability it can cost $500 every three to six months or so. The way to do it is to just let it happen. If your friends all decided to go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge for kicks would you have to do it as well? You have your whole life ahead of you to start driving!
There is a lot of responsibility in driving, owning a car, or even driving your parents car
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
does anyone understand me? - Ariana - 03-24-2014, 11:27 AM
[] - sueann - 03-24-2014, 11:37 AM
[] - Dan - 03-24-2014, 11:44 AM
[] - sirjester099 - 03-24-2014 11:48 AM
[] - Marvelous Menu - 03-24-2014, 11:57 AM