This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
trying to make friends with girl at church but i think she hates me?
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM

Chances are that all of the girls in your group don't feel like they are accepted. Teenage girls are incredibly insecure and self absorbed and can be quite mean with it.

If this girl is actively ostracizing you and getting others to do the same, then maybe something needs to be said, but I don't know if it should be said by you or an adult. I would talk to your leader about how to best go about addressing the situation. But NOBODY should be bullied, especially at church.

If it's just a situation that you get unfriendly vibes from this girl, then you have to let it go. Not everyone is going to be your friend all of the time. She's obviously an insecure person and has to feel superior to someone. I would try to look at it with a sense of humor.

There is one more thing to consider. Are you being socially weird in your behavior, like are you saying and doing weird things to make others feel uncomfortable? If so, then change it. If not then just move on. Do your best to be a nice person. Smile at this girl and others who you don't think like you and be friendly even if they are acting like sullen 15-year-olds. Don't be overly friendly, just be pleasant and polite. Your good behavior will be a noticeable contrast to their bad behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - amber - 03-24-2014, 11:34 AM
[] - c. - 03-24-2014, 11:40 AM
[] - Muk - 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM
[] - Elsie - 03-24-2014 11:52 AM
[] - Penny Lane - 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
[] - slcbtf - 03-24-2014, 11:54 AM