This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel at the age of 16-17?
03-24-2014, 12:18 PM

Hi.. i'm far from 16 years old, and it's been a long time since i was that age. Looking back i can tell you i felt like an outcast, and tried hard to fit in. And now that i'm much older, ahd even have made friends on facebook who were in my graduating class, i have come to realize that, when we are young, we have little, practical life experience. All of my facebook classmates are normal, decent people and treat each other with regard. It's fun to see what they are doing today, also. And yes, there are a couple of them who have some idea they are above others, but they have issues!

Teens are just learning how to be social - they aren't fake really, they simply do not know how to be proper in a social manner. And the bulk of them are insecure and unsure about whether they are accepted or not. This sometimes causes kids to have attitudes and they might seem to think they are better than everyone else (but really, they are insecure). On the other end of the spectrum, some kids simply fade into the woodwork because of their feelings.

Look around and you will see that kids just learning what is proper social behavior are actually extremely socially retarded. It's simply the process of growing up. In a matter of years, most of them will come back down to earth.

You have had some trauma in your life, and i'm sorry for your losses. Yes, a huge part of life life is about connecting with the people we love and care for. It's about taking interest in others and practicing kindness and loving actions and behaviors.

We all learn this in time.

I'm quite sorry for your losses. Sending blessings!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Schrödinger's Cat - 03-24-2014, 11:39 AM
[] - Jason - 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM
[] - jennifer - 03-24-2014, 11:56 AM
[] - Paul Preston - 03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
[] - Annecia E - 03-24-2014, 12:09 PM
[] - Patricia - 03-24-2014 12:18 PM