This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the root cause of social anxiety?
03-24-2014, 11:54 AM

Thanks for sharing this, I had similar feelings...

One thing I do to help is to realize first that we are all the same. =.

Part of my social anxiety is from being bombarded everyday by "bad" news, from media, people killing people, tv, what little I even watch, and history like Sept 11 attacks, and Hitler burning people.

I felt like these were so terrible I couldn't go out in a world like this.

I read this book called Mindfulness by Ellen J Langer. I highly suggest it as a tool to help. It put life in a different perspective for me and enabled me to get a little better.

I'm still getting back to feeling like my younger confident self.

I like music too. Please stay with it and don't let anxiety win even for a second. People aren't looking at you and judging you. They are just trying to get around and do what they have to do for the day.

We only get so many days on this rock, Lets remember that and make each day count like it is the last!!!

Do not be so hard on yourself.

Something I saw myself doing also...Please do not take offense to this....

When the questions start flying around like: ' why are these people looking at me?' 'what do they think about me?

It is all centered around you, you, you. (this was my biggest problem, I think) To be able to look past yourself and realize that people aren't looking at you and judging. I looked past myself and saw, whoa, eventhough I used to think that everyone is looking at me and judging, or thinking I'm doing something the wrong way I know now that they aren't. -change in thinking-

Now if you start to have these feelings you can say 'stop'. I know this way of thinking isn't true.

We all do about the same thing everyday... I do not judge or feel the need to control someone else and if we are all the same, neither are all the people in our heads.

Keep on head strong!!!!!!!!! We are all hear cheering you on!!!!!!!! Get your degree!!!!! You Can Do It!!!!!!!

p.s. Remember that noone is perfect and you are doing the best you can. Sometimes we set out for the moon, and only get to the top of a mountain. But that is okay. It's better than nothing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - King Hippo - 03-24-2014, 11:47 AM
[] - Member Four - 03-24-2014, 11:48 AM
[] - secretperson - 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
[] - ? - 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
[] - robert - 03-24-2014 11:54 AM