This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do? College student at a crossroads...?
03-24-2014, 12:14 PM

This calls for a two-step approach:

1. The school years can be the absolute worst time of your life. I'm surprised any of us survive it.
You are struggling with so many issues and from the effects of accumulated stress. Your body
and mind are trying to cope but ... it's hard.

Don't colleges have student counselors? They're supposed to guide you into an appropriate
career path according to your abilities/talents. The Dept of Labor has/had a program where they
test you to see what fields you would be good and which to avoid. Or talk with a church pastor.

If I were you, I'd change colleges if possible, one closer to your home so you could be with
your family, friends and familiar culture. I've heard that teaching doesn't really pay that much,
but I guess professors get more.

The brain is a very complicated and delicate thing. It can get sick, injured, and messed up,
etc...just like any other organ. You have some symptoms of depression which is usually
caused by chemical imbalance in the brain which is very common and nothing to be ashamed of.

A dr or counselor can prescribe appropriate medications to help you get better.
With the right meds, you will be much better, happier, calmer, confident, patient, eager to
see what the future holds, safer and feel normal.
You won’t get well by yourself and, by ignoring it, it will only get worse.

2. But counseling and meds can do only so much. God is the ONLY one who knows what you’re thinking, how you’ve struggled and what you’re going thru. He loves you passionately and wants to be your BFF. He has a super-deluxe custom-made plan for your life that’s beyond anything you ever dreamed of.

BUT He waits for us to ask. Invite Him into your heart, ask Him to take over your life. You will feel so much better. You are His special masterpiece. He planned for you before He even created the universe.

Watch Him ease the stress and give you peace in it's place. He is on YOUR side. He never stops thinking about you. His thoughts toward you are more than the grains of sand on the beach (Psalm 139). He loves you more than you can possibly imagine!

Find a big happy church and join some groups. Get a bible that’s easy to read (New King James is good) and read it every day. Find Christian support groups. Watch Christian programs like Joel Osteen, 700 Club, Daystar, TBN TV. Read Christian books, watch Christian DVDs.
All the above and churches also have wonderful counselors that can help you.

There's so much fascinating information to learn. Jesus loves you more than you can possibly imagine. You’ll have fun and the rest of your life will be the very best of your life.

Since the bible is the best-selling book of all time, nobody can claim to have even a basic education without having read and studied it.

I hope this helps; it sure made a huge difference for me Smile
They who seek The Lord shall not lack any good thing. Ps. 34:10

Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. Ps 37:4-6

Pour out your heart to Him (Ps 62:8) Nothing you say will shock or surprise God.
Cast all your anxiety/stress on Him because He cares for YOU Smile 1 Pet 5:7
"No one has seen, heard or even imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love Him."
1 cor 2:9 WOW!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - NEW WORLD ORDER - 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
[] - lala - 03-24-2014, 12:03 PM
[] - Naguru - 03-24-2014, 12:11 PM
[] - DeAnne - 03-24-2014 12:14 PM
[] - John - 03-24-2014, 12:18 PM
[] - hello i'm me - 03-24-2014, 12:25 PM