This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do? College student at a crossroads...?
03-24-2014, 12:18 PM

I've kind of been there, still somewhat am, but not like what you described. The main thing is to focus on improving yourself, start exercising daily unless you already are. I started running a couple miles every day, and the endorphins changes your behavior and mood and makes you feel better about yourself. Going to the gym if you have free time is what I do before class, people will respect you more when they see all the hard work you put forth not just into studying but into yourself and body...I'm serious.

Doing so will make you more approachable and more confident with yourself. You already have goals for your career in being a professor, most people your age do not. One of the brightest professors I've ever had was in econ 201. This was general ed, but still he stood out above the rest.

Those people on twitter and your roommate act like they are still in high school. Who cares, eventually you wont remember them and vice versa. Also, if deep down inside you feel that you should stand up for yourself, do it. You will regret it later if you didn't. I've started standing up for myself a few years ago much more, and people begin to respect you more for it. If someone begins arguing with me I will argue even harder back, this could be about anything...school related, work related...they eventually start looking up to you as someone who is strong and not insecure with themselves and their actions. Sorry if this is not helpful, but I felt like I was you a few years ago and I changed myself for the better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - NEW WORLD ORDER - 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
[] - lala - 03-24-2014, 12:03 PM
[] - Naguru - 03-24-2014, 12:11 PM
[] - DeAnne - 03-24-2014, 12:14 PM
[] - John - 03-24-2014 12:18 PM
[] - hello i'm me - 03-24-2014, 12:25 PM