This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sister-in-law created Facebook page for her underaged child. Should I do something?
03-24-2014, 12:24 PM

I would at least talk to them about it, but frame it from the point of view that he's a good kid and you care about him and want to make sure he's safe. Don't sound judgmental or accuse them of anything. Tell them what you know and even say, 'hey you probably know this, but i just don't feel right if i don't say something and at least do my part to help out my new family..." and see what you can do to help.

One thing that might help with your other concern is that your husband can filter things HE posts so that his nephew can't see. You can filter individual people out of every status update. Click the little lock icon before posting things and it should help weed out instances of problems.

Also, I know someone who was pregnant and told some family, but wasn't ready to tell friends or work for a couple of months. She was afraid of what people would post on her wall so she was actually able to turn wall comments off. That might help keep the little boy's account safe.

I think you can protect yourself and if you don't come in saying 'you shouldn't do this, it's bad parenting' or anything that sounds like that, you can at least let them know you are concerned and just want to help. Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Kira - 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM
[] - Computer ER - 03-24-2014, 11:59 AM
[] - iJustine no1 fann! - 03-24-2014, 12:06 PM
[] - David - 03-24-2014, 12:07 PM
[] - Steve K - 03-24-2014, 12:08 PM
[] - TiffyKatt - 03-24-2014, 12:16 PM
[] - kindlocket672 - 03-24-2014 12:24 PM