This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook, twitter, and myspace?
03-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Communication, just like publications and more have taken on the low (or no) cost of digital media. Many great things are said and shared via these methods. I think u are trying to insinuate that these networking methods are incapable of delivering 'real' contact - I tend to disagree. Btw twitter and myspace are more commercial methods, ie online publications to be found, not sent. Image sending a handwritten letter to 250 followers? Plus the cost of paper to the environment would be an utter waste.
Facebook is more social - offering privacy options that can and do create a more personal space.

One thing I disagree with however is facefook friendship-addiction. I reckon 85% of people have a large amount of people on their friends list that arent really close enough friends, thats where I would agree with you - its not that people need to discern between real and not real, they need to simply apply it - because sadly yes - I agree people get caught up way too much on the net - building semi-real or false friendships behind walls, but then I ask myself - doesnt that happen outside of the virtual world? It does, and therefore its a matter of personal growth / maturity - and just how far you are willing to float from real positive connections for the sake of temporary satisfaction.. so i guess the issue are, as usual the people - not the technology.

Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Facebook, twitter, and myspace? - Polly - 03-24-2014, 11:48 AM
[] - Ggg Hhh - 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
[] - thankfulrain800 - 03-24-2014, 11:57 AM
[] - FstaRocka - 03-24-2014 12:00 PM