This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i confront my best friend about this (long story)?
03-24-2014, 04:23 PM

Ughhhhh, whatever happened to the girl code? Is it extinct? Has it dug a hole and crawled in never allowing for us girls to see it again? This is my opinion, what she did is by no means okay, in fact it is the opposite of okay, it's inconsiderate. I feel that you should have told her the truth that you still liked him, and I think that you should still tell her now, something like this doesn't have to ruin your friendship. If you tell her, "Hey, dude, stop liking him because I do," then yeah that gives grounds for you and her to get into a pretty bad fight. Sitting down with her and talking about is a step that should be taken, there are no guarantees that everything will be hunkey dorey but it's better than having this bottled up. Coming from a friend and best friend to many, I don't condone her actions. When my friends begin to have feeling for an individual, I consider that person off limits. Even when they have stopped liking that individual, I still don't feel it to be okay to like them because it's not necessary and it isn't. There are other guys out there, some probably who are cuter, funnier, and more intelligent, and I don't need to be spending my time doodling in my notebook about a guy my friend once like or likes and she shouldn't be spending her time in that way either. Some say you can't control who you like but I think you can, and if you can't then you better hold it in because your friend is confiding in you about how much she likes this young man. I know you told yourself that guy will not come between you and your friend, but in this situation it isn't the guy but your friend's actions that are making your friendship questionable. Also, I think you should tell the guy, now I know that sounds difficult but it's the only way to know if he likes you or not. Either way, if he's truly your friend he will value your feelings and be gracious of them. It's worth a shot, and that way you could either be spending your time more with him, knowing that he's yours or finding a guy who will want to spend time with you. I've been in this situation before and it hurts but I can promise you that guys in high school are expendable and that there is always another friend to spend lunch with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Aakash - 03-24-2014, 04:18 PM
[] - 101shopaholic - 03-24-2014 04:23 PM
[] - diana_ffx - 03-24-2014, 04:30 PM