This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boss is a Facebook friend. What should I do?
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

I guess you might have to get a different account, may be even change from facebook to Myspace or other alternative sites. That seems a bit underhand though, so if you can, perhaps you just need to go speak to the boss and just tell her that much as you like her as a boss, and as a person, you're wondering if having too much contact on facebook is running the risk of blurring the boundaries of your work roles too far, and then ask her if she has any concerns too. You might find out that she is also feeling a bit awkward. If however, she has no problems and is really happy to be friends in this way then you either bite the bullet and just tell her that for you it is a step too far, and that you won't be communicating in this way with her anymore, or you carry on as you are. You could talk about what it is she says that drives you so nuts, she might not know how annoying it is. If your work friends won't be friends, I'm wondering just how "close" the close friendships are though!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - gamer - 03-24-2014, 04:27 PM
[] - Matthew - 03-24-2014, 04:29 PM
[] - kuta - 03-24-2014 04:35 PM
[] - Joey - 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM
[] - ttowncutie - 03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
[] - Katiie x - 03-24-2014, 04:52 PM