This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ramadan , why Najaf and Karbala are more important to Shias than Mecca and Madina ?
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

Well as a Shia living in Iran, most of the religious people I know have been to Mecca and Medina (many several times) for both Hajj and Umrah. I myself have been to Umrah and am saving to go to Hajj in the comming years In sha' Allah. Thousands of Iranian Shia visit Mecca and Medina yearly.

And there is no denying that despite there being a lot of reward mentioned in Shia'ism for visiting the graves of the Imams, specially the grave of Imam Hussein AS in Karbala, it is Hajj which is Wajib and those are Mustahab.

But I also have to agree with "Lyana". As a Shia, I was greatly mistreated in Saudi myself and although I felt it a privilege from Allah that I was able to visit those holy cities, I do not have a memory of good spritual feelings. This was due to the pressure there was on us for not being able to worship Allah SWT the way we wanted to at those places and having to abide by the rules of the Salafis.
The Saudi government has totally ruined the spirituallity of these cities specially by constructing means of being attracted to the world just outside the Harams and having ruined many of the original places of the history of Islam.

Whereas when I visited Karbala and Najaf, the spirit of worshipping Allah was felt in these cities and it has left me a much better memory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Teflon Don - 03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
[] - maxx - 03-24-2014, 04:31 PM
[] - Vishwa - 03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
[] - massiveCommander521 - 03-24-2014, 04:40 PM
[] - Lyana - 03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
[] - Z Z - 03-24-2014 04:51 PM