This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I shut down a Facebook account that has been hacked that I have no power over?
03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
How do I shut down a Facebook account that has been hacked that I have no power over?
Basically, over a year ago, my facebook account was hacked by someone. No idea who they were. I reported it to facebook but every time I was able to log in to that account it was hacked again.
Anyway, so I set up a new facebook account and blocked my old account so the guy wouldn't hack my new one.
About 16 months on, my old account is still there, and when I unblock it and look at it, it seems that someone regularly goes on it, however they don't write statuses or anything.
When it first happened I contacted facebook loads of times and it was never resolved.
Now I'm trying to get a job and I'd like to remove that fake account. The only problem is, that I'm afraid that if a facebook moderator reviews my old account they'll see how old it is (I set it up in 2008) and think that that is not a fake account!

Please someone give me advice..
Thanks.
Any other questions just ask,

SORRY I forgot to add, since December 2010 I have not even been able to get on the account at all! The facebook help centre is useless! There is no contact email! I cannot find where to fill out the contact form they mention.
ALSO, i've already reported the account a few months ago, and when I try to report it now it doesn't let me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I shut down a Facebook account that has been hacked that I have no power over? - ACABALEX - 03-24-2014 04:36 PM
[] - Nathan - 03-24-2014, 04:44 PM