This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think people use the internet as a crutch?
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM

You're not alone, when I was in college I was too shy to talk to my crush, a friend of mine was her friend, so I asked her for my crush email, I added her to msn and I made a random excuse to start talking to her and we connect really well, we talked a lot, until late at night and shared music and a lot of things, we were on vacation so I wasn't seeing her at college, our only communication was via msn and everything was great! until vacations were about to end, I was so scared that she might not like me, also, another guy (who I think is better looking that me) was into her and he was visiting her and everything! which I don't.
We were still on vacation when she told me she was in the college cafeteria, making her schedule or something, it was hard but I went to college just to meet her in person, I felt really anxious, and I'm not going to lie, it wasn't the way I expected at all, it was weird, the jokes that we had online didn't work that good face to face, it was awkward, but it was awkward only at first, and it was because both of us were anxious and nervous, but we tried despite the discomfort because we knew how well we bond online and it didn't take much time until we felt comfortable with each other, and that's when everything started to work out, way better than online! I'd been with her 6 years now.

I can say for what I read that you overthink things just like me, what worked for me was precisely not to think, when I went to the college cafeteria I was in panic, I felt it in my body, but since I get up from my computer to go to the college the only thing I was thinking was not to think, I tend to imagine the worst scenarios, so the key is not think about this, keep moving, if you know someone that already likes you online, he/she will like you in person, also mind that a relation wheter it is with a boy or a girl is a task of two, you won't be doing all the work, if you meet someone online that you want to meet in person he/she will made an effort to feel comfortable around you too and to be your friend.

The most important thing, I believe, is to try.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Latin Techie - 03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
[] - fgsearchn - 03-24-2014, 04:51 PM
[] - marvelouslew - 03-24-2014, 05:00 PM
[] - swk - 03-24-2014 05:09 PM