This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How come the general public does not respect quiet people?
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
How come the general public does not respect quiet people?
I have what is termed as ' Social Anxiety' ( though 'mental illness is a cultural construct) and at the Community College that I attend I never speak to anyone unless an emergency arises with the police, grades, or the bank.

As I was leaving my Marketing class this woman had the nerve to interrupt me and ask me if ' I walk or drive to school' and then say ' It's okay, I'll ask you later' when she turned to talk to a girl in the hallway.

I happened to take considerable offense, even feeling disgust to this second statement because I was minding my own business only to find some lazy, selfish stranger wanting me to be their cheauffer having the nerve to say 'never mind, I'll ask you later.

The class before this a man became upset because I refused to plug his phone charger in the wall alongside mine as I didn't want to be responsible for damage.

Why does trouble seem to accompany like me despite my not saying anything to anyone? Thank You So MuchSmile
@Kathy ,

You are using and incorrect term.

.. 'Anti Social' describes a person or a group of people who refuse to follow rules and conduct.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-social_behaviour
@ Kathy ,

Sorry, but we must have the correct education to 'diagnose' anyone with any mental health issue or else we could risk hurting the victim in question with our harmful remarks.
@ justagram ,

I am not 'mean' or 'evil' , I just want to be with solitude and focus on my own problems.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How come the general public does not respect quiet people? - Tabithia - 03-24-2014 04:48 PM
[] - Libs hate America - 03-24-2014, 04:54 PM
[] - One Weird Trick - 03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
[] - kathy_is_a_nurse - 03-24-2014, 05:05 PM
[] - Scott Monster - 03-24-2014, 05:13 PM
[] - justagrandma - 03-24-2014, 05:21 PM
[] - RockyD7 - 03-24-2014, 05:28 PM