This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christians; what do you think is the cause behind the inverse correlation between intelligence and religiosity?
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Christians; what do you think is the cause behind the inverse correlation between intelligence and religiosity?
Assuming you don't dispute this.
@Who Needs Paradise: Yes, that's true, which explains why approximately 50% of jews are cultural jews who follow the customs but do not believe in god.
@Who Needs Paradise: Many intelligent people believe in god, but there is an inverse correlation, which means that intelligent people are less likely to believe in god, and this gets more pronounced the more intelligent they get.

So, for example the jewish people; you'll find that the 50% who are only culturally jewish would be skewed towards the higher I.Q. population of the jewish people.
@Marie: How much more explaining do you need? What don't you understand? Have you studied statistics at all? Do you understand demographics? The questions you're asking me would not make sense from someone who does.
@Feivel: You're essentially saying the same thing Lil' Marie said, which is "I know of smart people that are theists and therefore you're wrong". It's still ignoring the demographic trend that the studies demonstrate which is far more valid than the handful of individuals you point to.

I will also point out that it's disrespectful to make a personal attack on an individual posting a general question. The study in no way demonstrates my personal intelligence and I have no desire for validation from strangers, and to impugn my intelligence based on falsely attributed straw man motivations is dishonest and unbecoming.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Christians; what do you think is the cause behind the inverse correlation between intelligence and religiosity? - Sour B!tch - 03-24-2014 04:53 PM
[] - Who Needs Paradise - 03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
[] - JohnH - 03-24-2014, 05:00 PM
[] - Jude - 03-24-2014, 05:06 PM
[] - Feivel - 03-24-2014, 05:16 PM
[] - Erraticbaseball607 - 03-24-2014, 05:18 PM