This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have friends but I still feel alone.?
03-24-2014, 05:00 PM

Ok, so I'm 21, an I went through the same thing you have!
When I was in secondary school and primary, I was bullied and excluded, which not only took from my confidence to meet and mix with new people, but it minimised my friend count! Coming from a small town, where everyoneknew eachtother, you were either popular or unpopular. I spent all my time studying even when there were partys or night out.. I did have some good friends though,,,,but like, 4 or 5 only! One was a close friend who I spent most of my time with....we're not as close but still friends today Smile then my other 1/2school friends who I talked to on fb and felt I connected with, and thats it....in the whole year! All the other girls had pages and pages of photos on bebo/facebook and I had like....9/10 most of which were selfies. I felt like such a loser and, making things worse, I had no guy friends my own age. Meaning no prom date! I fel like I had som sort of disorder where I couldnt make friends....
When I went to college, I held onto the fear of making no friend and was convinced that this was just me fate!
Funny when you look back, how miserable I was then...
Now, I;m in my final year of college (I'm 21) I have a huge circle of friends, who I've had since I was 18 when I first started! I have so many close friends and many, many friend who, although we're not super close, I can have fun with and count on! I basically know everyone on campus, and everything is just great!!!
Trust me, your current predicament, does not foreshadow your future! I was so miserable in school and I felt
-Lonely
-Confused
-Alienated
-Different
-Unheard
-Unimportant
-Invisable
-Like I was always on the outside looking in...

trust me, its a huge world, and I'm sure if we knw eachother we would be friends! you just havent lived yet! I think you should talk to your bestfriend about your problem...she may have a sollution... but for now, keep the head down, and remember this time when your smothered with friends, which you will in the future, and appreciate them
because you are fab and amazing and I hope you all the best in life
much love
C Smile xxx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Claire - 03-24-2014 05:00 PM