This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get people you talk to on occasion to become your friend without being pushy or needy?
03-25-2014, 04:02 AM
How to get people you talk to on occasion to become your friend without being pushy or needy?
I'm a 17 year old homeschooled student (not by choice), and I have don't have a big social life. I'm just wondering how to get people you talk to on occasion to become your friends (without being pushy or needy).

I'm involved in social activities, but I feel left out because my parents are VERY overprotective and will not allow me to have a Facebook account. I work part-time at a gym, but all of the kids treat me differently because I'm a staff member, not an athlete. My parents (I hate to blame them) are very busy and throw a bunch on me (my mom hardly even schools my siblings anymore, I do that on top of the other work and schoolwork), so it may appear to people that I'm very busy. That could be the problem. I try to appear to available, but people don't ever consider me. I feel very lonely...

Please don't give the "be yourself" and "get out more" and "be kind", because I am doing all of those things! My boss tells me that she can depend on me, and that I'm very patient, friendly, caring, and kind, but sometimes I don't believe her. I'm also a Christian with a level head and good values, so I don't drink, so it's not like I'm a bully or a bad influence.

A informative and thoughtful answer and constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to get people you talk to on occasion to become your friend without being pushy or needy? - Gabby - 03-25-2014 04:02 AM
[] - Aidan - 03-25-2014, 04:03 AM
[] - 349 - 03-25-2014, 04:16 AM