This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it normal for my mom to be so involved in every aspect of my life?
03-25-2014, 07:16 PM

She's your mother and she cares. I know that's not what you want to hear but its true. Its easy to think that all of this is wrong and excessive because you're the victim but your mom sees this differently. Chances are good she fears that she doesn't care enough and that extra steps need to be taken to ensure that you don't fall victim to neglect on her part. In a way you both want the same thing, you to be happy, you just express it differently. I know how hard it is to talk to a parent when you're in conflict but you need to. Try to have a conversation that establishes groundwork for what she can reasonably do and what you will do to merit her trust. Most parents are shocked when their kids make an effort to initiate a conversation like that and that'll help lots in getting what you want. Just be willing to compromise and listen well. Don't do anything drastic, that always leads to setbacks. Good luck, I hope things work out well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Frieda Stacho - 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM
[] - Martell - 03-25-2014, 07:04 PM
[] - No Real Help - 03-25-2014, 07:06 PM
[] - dreamer.rc42 - 03-25-2014 07:16 PM
[] - Kaleb13 - 03-25-2014, 07:19 PM