This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do my parents snoop through all my things?
03-25-2014, 09:12 PM

It's frustrating I know, but they do it because they love you and want to watch out for you. I almost think that being a good student and "good girl" make parents more overbearing, haha. I was in the same boat when I was 15/16.

I discovered that if I let my parents in on more about my life, they were less likely to snoop around. My Dad, for instance, looked at my texts because he wanted to know who my friends are and what I had been up to. He wasn't trying to be rude, he just wanted to know about my life and I never really offered up any information on my own. Your parents still see you as their little girl, and they still want you to rely on them and confide in them.

Try talking to them about little pieces of your day/your friendships (obviously not everything) and see how the privacy thing goes. It might take a few days, but they should back off once they realize that you want to let them in on the guy you like or a fight with a close friend.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Sarah - 03-25-2014 09:12 PM
[] - Amanda - 03-25-2014, 09:26 PM
[] - some - 03-25-2014, 09:39 PM
[] - tisho32 - 03-25-2014, 09:43 PM
[] - alexis - 03-25-2014, 09:45 PM