This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I apologize to my family? (No trolling please, serious answers only)?
10-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Should I apologize to my family? (No trolling please, serious answers only)?
Before I say anything else, please don't bully me, I just want some advice. If you don't have a good answer then please leave my page.

Last week I had a fall out with my sister, she sent me a message and it hurt my feelings so I tried to overdose on pain killers and then her & our auntie were giving me crap about it even though she was the reason I did it in the first place.

I sent a message to the family on Facebook, 2 or 3 mutual friends were added to the list, I made a mistake and didn't realized, also I commented on my sister's depressed status and tried to cheer her up and boost her confidence, I clicked "like" on her friends' comments because I was pleased that people were caring for her besides her family and all I got was a text message saying:
"You been sending messages to my cousin, my friends and our cousin's partner, these are acquaintances, it's inappropriate, don't click like on my friends' comments, you don't know them. I know you think you're being supportive but you're just making everything worse. Me & your brother have other problems to deal with and we don't need to worry about you"

I don't see how I was in the wrong. Her message was rude, it hurt my feelings and made me feel small. Whether or not she's pregnant and feeling hormonal and shit, it doesn't give her the right to bite my head off over something so little. Even before she was pregnant, all she'd ever do is complain about how I am and how I do things. I'm not perfect but I try to be. I'm human like everyone else, I live to make mistakes, the best thing is to just try and learn from them, right?

Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome & Autistic Spectrum Disorder so my mind thinks differently from others. I take things to heart and don't think things through properly, she knows that and she should understand that but no, she just snaps at me like I'm some bloody 5 year old!!

For once in my life I'd like some respect too! My family always wonders why I'm so messed up, they should turn around and look at how they treat me! Sometimes I doubt they even love me because all they do is shout and complain at me, sometimes I hate them as well as love them.

1 of my cousin's spelled my name incorrect, she also said she "Questions my sanity" because I have depression and always post depressive Facebook status' yet, she and everyone else do. So much for love huh?

When I took an overdose, I took 6 Ibuprofen pills and my sister whined at me saying I pretended to kill myself. I didn't even knew it wasn't enough, isn't Ibuprofen stronger than Paracetamol? Isn't 6 tablets enough? After she said that, I just felt like taking more because it almost sounded like she was saying "That's not even enough".

Above all that, my aunt is STILL taking sides with my god damn drunken whore of a mother! When I was a child, she'd abuse me every day! After she divorced my father, we all found out he was abusive and got the family in serious debt as well as cheated on my mother. My mum blamed this on me for several years and would tell me she hates me because I am related to my father.
Since the age of 13, I had been self-harming and attempting suicide. When I was 14, she came in my bedroom, grabbed me by my shirt and shook me several times shouting "I hate you, I hate you" and she left marks on my neck. When I reached my late teens and early twenties, she had a drinking problem and she used to blame it on me and my step dad would believe her (eventually he found out the truth though and apologized to me which was good). When my step dad tried to leave her once, she threatened to bash his skull in with a metal door stopper, I feared for his safety and I don't even like him but I called the police which I believed was the right thing and my mother was being stupid saying I was in love with him even though he was like in his early 40s and couldn't stand him.

After my step dad left my mum, she told me that she hated me again and said if she had a choice, she'd go to the clinic so she'd have an abortion, half the time I wish she did!!

I confronted my family about them teaming up with her and for my sister always shouting at me all the time. Now they don't want anymore to do with me! They all think I'm crazy and need help.

I was gonna apologize to them for my actions but I don't think I should, I don't believe I was in the wrong. My sister should not have spoken to me like that. She could had just said "Could you please stop messaging so and so" and "Please don't click 'like' on my friends comments" without the attitude.

Does anyone else agree with me? Was I at all in the wrong? Does anyone else understand how I feel? Or am I just crazy and stuff?
@ Dogz

Thanks, I'm glad someone here agrees!
It just goes to show that even strangers get where I'm coming from!

I asked my best friend just over an hour or so ago, even he says they're being unreasonable!

So surprised you used "toxic of DNA" , lol, I used to feel like I was a disease to the family, now I feel that way about them.
@ Zaptrollwen

Sometimes I think Jeremy Kyle would get more sense out of them than I would, lol.

Apart from this, I always send them birthday & christmas cards, I even send them expensive gift vouchers sometimes on their birthdays if I have enough cash on me.
Not once did I received a thank you or even 1 lousy phone call just to ask how I am or how I've been, ya know?
It's not the thank you that bothers me, it's the lack of effort they show to even spend time with me.
I once bought flowers for my auntie as a birthday gift, chocolates for my lil cousin, a can of beer for my uncle and a doggy treat for their dog and I was planning to come see them, they all agreed to and at the last minute, they turned around and said "Sorry, we're going away on holiday now" .

Awful ain't it? Sometimes I wonder why I even bother half the time and they all called me selfish for committing suicide?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should I apologize to my family? (No trolling please, serious answers only)? - John Doe - 10-15-2012 08:16 PM
[] - awommack - 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
[] - Dogz - 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
[] - Zaptrollwen - 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
[] - Unsure - 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
[] - Forgetme - 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM