This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Advice oh Friendship ?
03-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Need Advice oh Friendship ?
Okay I have been friends with my best friend Nick since we were 3 or 4. He recently go married and all of us warned him about his now wife. She isolated him from his parents and literally kicked them out of the picture for a year. I was able to get them to talk and they are now back in the picture, but that pissed her off. She said it was none of my business and that she doesn't think at this time it's appropriate for them to be in Nick's life. That was crazy to me because any woman who doesn't want your parents and sister in your life is prob no good. Anyway, I never told Nick she said this to me, I just got him and his parents to reconcile. He married her and now they are having problems.

Her mom and dad call him names. I have heard this personally. They call him "idiot, pussy, F**** moron etc). They got married in Aug and bought a new home in Setp.She got pregnant and he suddenly lost his job. He was making a good income and she didn't have to work. Now he works at lowes as an inbetween job. She decided to move out and go live with her parents. Everytime something is wrong, she run's to mommy and daddy which just makes them dislike Nick more and more.

Well anyway, his wife recently deleted many of his friends from his facebook. She called his friend Steve, Riz and Jay and told them they will no longer be in the picture! I've known Nick the longest and today I tried to talk tohim. I texted him and asked him if things were better and I got "yes, things are absolutely great! Never better"..I knew that was odd so I started asking him questions about the past like (who was your first date? Who hit you in 4th grade) thinks only I'd know. He answered incorrectly to each and so I know it was her on his phone..She is 26! I am 26..this is beyond immature..

She has completely isolated him from his friends and family and they are going to have a baby together! My husband tried to reach out to him and she told him to F off. What do I do??? He's my best friend. I don't know how to stay friends with him since I can't speak to him ever.

His parents called me upset, so we talk a lot. I got a call from his ex-best man Steve. He never stops by to his parents anymore, never calls them (he's not allowed to) and if he does go out to dinner with them (his wife has to be there) and she always finds a reason to leave early.

Anyone else deal with this?? How do my husband and I be supportive to him??
And I don't want them to get divorced. For better or worse, I just want Nick to be happily married.
That's a good Idea. I'll have to ask Stever or Riz if they can go see him. I moved to Fl so I'm about 1300 miles away. :-(
I would def like to see him. Like I said, I'll have to call his friends in NJ because I live in FL now. And they've dated for 3 months, moved in together and 6 months later got married..it's too early to be having this many problems.

Thank you for all the advice, I am gonna call his friends and try to do this.
and no we did not stop being friends because HE called me THREE DAYS AGO TO VENT ABOUT HOW SAD HE WAS! Then his dad called me the next day and his friend Steve today..

If we weren't friends, he wouldn't have called me to vent about stuff.
That's the thing, I don't call his parents. They call me or email me. His friends who are guys call me.

My husband and I thought about inviting him to stay but I told my husband it wasn't a good idea because she'll think we are trying to make him get divorced, which we do not want. It just sucks..

I know he has to make that decision for himself. I just think there has to be something my hubby and I can do? My husband tried to call him and his wife told my husband to go F himself. I'm mad at my friend for allowing her to speak to my husband like that. It just sucks.

His dad called me today and I told him what ya'll said..Intervention with his friends. Maybe that will work. If not, he's on his own.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need Advice oh Friendship ? - Dianne Manisha Graham - 03-27-2014 02:53 PM
[] - Abce - 03-27-2014, 02:59 PM
[] - Sue C - 03-27-2014, 03:07 PM
[] - bluebell - 03-27-2014, 03:19 PM
[] - Jery E - 03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
[] - MissSunshine - 03-27-2014, 03:43 PM
[] - dandls_99 - 03-27-2014, 03:46 PM
[] - Kate - 03-27-2014, 04:02 PM