This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you hate my generation?
03-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Do you hate my generation?
I truly cannot understand my generation. I am a 16 yr old girl and I DESPISE the way most of kids my age act. Girls are always so caught up in drama and talking about each other like there's nothing else going on in the world. Boys are sometimes just so completely idiotic in the way they act and talk to one another and to girls. What happened to chivalry? What happened to standing up when a girl walks into the room? What happened to bowing and curtsying? Why have we changed so drastically? I know I may be getting off track here, but when I read books that were written years ago, I always wonder what life would be like. Such respect and courtesy shown to one another. Am I naive in thinking this way?
And what is wrong with music today? I can't comprehend what happened to music. All this pop nonsense and pretty much every single song is about a boy and a girl getting together or breaking up.
Why is it okay to talk about sex, curse at one another, and talk in such a vulgar manner?
Why is it when someone says anything you hear snickers and giggles because these idiots comprehend it as something "dirty"?
And don't even get me started on clothing. Girls think it is perfectly acceptable to wear low v-necks that show off cleavage just to show off to boys and make themselves feel pretty. Guys are wearing pants that show their underwear, like I want to see that.
What happened to picking up a book and reading? I love reading! And that does NOT, in any way make me nerdy. What...is reading "uncool" now?
Why are kids like "Yo, dude I got a 60 on that quiz" and proud of it? Is it "cool" to fail and not be intelligent?
Why are so many girls superficial? Putting on makeup 24/7 and trying to look perfect? Don't get me wrong, I like make-up, but putting it on during class for the entire period is a bit much.
Why are we so interested in these reality shows who show people just partying and getting payed for it. Why is that so entertaining? Is that their dream job?
Why don't kids know is going on in the world anymore? In the USA? Ask them the first 5 presidents of the US and they give you a blank stare (girls may giggle).

Now this does not go for everyone but it applies to quite a few people. There are MANY people who I am lucky enough to call friends and family who are good, wholesome human beings and are the complete opposite of everything I just mentioned.
Your thoughts?
Thanks for letting me rant, and I hope you enjoy your day!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do you hate my generation? - Mandii - 03-28-2014 05:42 AM
[] - goldlust74 - 03-28-2014, 05:53 AM
[] - Damsel In a Dress - 03-28-2014, 06:00 AM
[] - boredom8259 - 03-28-2014, 06:06 AM
[] - Drew Carey - 03-28-2014, 06:11 AM
[] - Borah Fits - 03-28-2014, 06:21 AM
[] - Lady K - 03-28-2014, 06:35 AM
[] - afallfromgrace21 - 03-28-2014, 06:37 AM