This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook there for people to just brag about their lives?
03-28-2014, 08:11 PM

It seems to be that way. A lot of people use it as a microphone to tell people in their "friends list" what they feel is important. Mind you, people only display their highlight reels and only the good stuff in their life.

I use FB to see what's going on with my family since I live 2000 miles away from them…but I don't post random stuff like what I ate for dinner or "check in" every time I go to the gym. No one cares about that stuff and I won't act like people are concerned with those things. I also only have 2 pictures in my profile, because people don't really care about the pictures you post.

Only insecure people who need validation from others to feel important, will post a lot of things or constantly update their profile pictures. Those people are not even worth connecting with on FB. Just keep it to close friends and family, and share what's REALLY important.

Also keep in mind that the people that need to know your personal information…like your phone number or where you went to high school…already know it. No need to fill out a complete profile on FB because that just opens the door to let strangers have your personal information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Spyro1 - 03-28-2014, 07:17 PM
[] - Advanced Search - 03-28-2014, 07:31 PM
[] - Stripes - 03-28-2014, 07:41 PM
[] - plutonic - 03-28-2014, 07:53 PM
[] - angeleyes - 03-28-2014, 07:57 PM
[] - corncrake - 03-28-2014, 08:04 PM
[] - Justasking - 03-28-2014 08:11 PM