This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Photography/ what can I improve on?
03-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Mark gave you a great critique of key images. I won't belabor those points by repeating that process, but big kudos the Mark for taking the time to write that out.

I would strongly emphasize one point Mark brought up -- Show ONLY your best work.

Self-edit, self-edit and then self-edit again. Show ONLY your best work. When in doubt, show ONLY your best work.

Do you think every single exposure a "really great" photographer makes is actually "really great"? They are really great photographers because they show only the really great images. Now, it's not fair to take that kind of reasoning to the extreme and support "spray and pray" kind of shooting, and obviously you need "really great" photos to pick from in the first place... But the fundamental point boils down to (I'll say it yet again) - Show ONLY your best work.

As Mark mentions, you have a lot of cruft online you really should throw out.

As a related point, Facebook is not a portfolio service. Facebook (as well as other social media sites) should be "leads" into your primary web presence (your own site, or at least a specialized portfolio/sales site, but not a social media platform). Use social media to direct clients to that site. Show your portfolio there. Convert visits into booking and sales there. Drive your business from there
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - hawtgirl00 - 03-29-2014, 08:15 PM
[] - MADLUV - 03-29-2014, 08:27 PM
[] - Mark - 03-29-2014, 08:41 PM
[] - Chuck - 03-29-2014 08:45 PM
[] - B K - 03-29-2014, 08:52 PM