This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i take a stray cat to the spca?
03-30-2014, 04:33 AM

Chances are they will put him/her to sleep. It's sad, I know. But think of it like this. Many, many people ump cats because either they can't afford to care for it, moved and have no place for it, did not "fix" the cat which later had babies (bad caring) and so on. So the little cat gets dumped (yes, many run away and get lost) and someone finds the cat. The SPCA then takes many of those cats but it's like a hospital, not enough beds/cages for the sick, not enough money to care for them (maybe not people hospitals but you get my point I hope). My point is, they get over-run wit strays and cannot afford to care for them and do not have the space. I know that either way it sucks but that's why people need to learn and learn compassion too.

Anyway, if you care for him then I would adopt him. God only knows what could be wrong with him. A skin issue is for sure plus maybe a respiratory infection. Fleas too. I know it's a lot and you should NOT adopt him if you can't do it forever. I adopted a stray and had a lot of money to dump into him but honest to God, the best choice I made. He is a curious, sweet, funny playful little brother to my other cat.

Think of it like this... If you cannot take him in then should he walk home to home hoping for food, care and maybe even love and attention? Would you feel better A) letting him have a chance outside without steady food, no love, no affection, no shelter. He may get it when someone notices and has a moment to spare.. or B) take him to the SPCA where he MIGHT get adopted but if he doesn't and they euthanize him at least he won't suffer?
He may look healthy enough but honestly they usually are worse than we can see. Good luck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - 🔥 Fire 🔥 - 03-30-2014, 03:45 AM
[] - karina - 03-30-2014, 03:59 AM
[] - Hand_of_Chaos - 03-30-2014, 04:05 AM
[] - Mamma Cat - 03-30-2014, 04:21 AM
[] - Leo D - 03-30-2014, 04:25 AM
[] - Nicole - 03-30-2014 04:33 AM
[] - kittyslave23 - 03-30-2014, 04:40 AM