This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good dog breed for college student?
03-30-2014, 07:14 AM

Well my dog has been FANTASTIC for collage. My roommates adore him even my landlord loves him. And he's a lazy goof who is happy to sleep all day but equally as happy to go on a 15km hike with me. However he's just over a year. And 75 pounds.

My dog is just a rescued mutt. I suggest going to a shelter and asking if they have one that suit your lifestyle. I suggest getting one around 2 yrs old. You can't get a puppy cause they are just to much to handle for a college student (trust me some of my friends have tried) I got my dog on my year off school so he was trained and older when I went back to school but an older dog can be just as loyal and bonded to you! My first dog my dad adopted for me and he was 4 when we got him and I was 10...him and I were stuck together like glue. that dog ADORED me and my family. And it was like we owned him his whole life.

However if you are looking into a purebred I think a Large Munsterlander sounds like what you're looking for. Research them and see what you think. There are breed specific rescues where you'll find purebreds or close to

Make sure you can afford the dog...I had to give up A LOT I don't go out to bars or parties I miss most social events...pretty much all the fun stuff cause I need to take care of my dog, and I can't buy drinks or go out for dinners cause then I wouldn't be able to feed my dog or pay for vet bills. you miss so much with your friends but in my opinion is worth it!

Ps. my dog has nearly perfect health but to keep it that way I spend WAY more on him the I do me. I fee Raw food diet, he get multi vitamins and supplements and other essentials and it's about 700$ a month.... can you afford that, even without feeding raw a decent kibble is expensive.

Add: your collage sounds AMAZING none where I am will allow dogs on campus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Good dog breed for college student? - Cody - 03-30-2014, 06:42 AM
[] - Justin Patient - 03-30-2014, 06:57 AM
[] - Nick - 03-30-2014, 07:00 AM
[] - dogs - 03-30-2014 07:14 AM
[] - MacBryan - 03-30-2014, 07:18 AM
[] - ♫♪♫♫♪ - 03-30-2014, 07:21 AM
[] - 722 - 03-30-2014, 07:25 AM