This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would you resolve this marital problem?
03-30-2014, 06:35 PM

" Most couples that I know have a pretty balanced relationship - One runs, the other chases. "

What? That's how dumb college students act; that's not how a healthy married couple acts.

"Well my wife has been running for so long, and I have been chasing her, but she's either playing too hard to get to really build up my excitement, or she is playing IMPOSSIBLE to get because she's just not that into me and she's more into her saucy romance novels or her friends on Facebook... "

But you thought marrying her was a good idea, so what do you think strangers can do about that?

"My life is more like this: she entertains herself with no moderation to her indulgence, from the time she gets home from work to the time we go to bed, and I have to find things to do so that I'm not "rude" and interrupt her... "

Again, why did you marry someone who didn't want to spend any time with you at all?

"This is why I came up with the idea of ignoring her and having her come to me for once; but last time I tried this we went 3 weeks with no contact, no interactions (except ones children or money related), and no intimacy."

I don't know why anyone older than 20 would think that was going to work.

"now she's just too free spirited."

Ridiculous. What you mean is she's not the grateful puppy dog she once was.

"Therapy isn't an option"

I think it is. I think it would help to talk out your feelings with her and a counselor. Basically, you feel like she doesn't want to be with you any more, because she doesn't interact with you ever, and she ought to hear that in a formal setting before she decides to let you leave.

I think you made a huge mistake in marrying her.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Sam - 03-30-2014, 05:27 PM
[] - wind_updoll - 03-30-2014, 05:43 PM
[] - Patrick - 03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
[] - ℓчşşά - 03-30-2014, 06:00 PM
[] - sheloves_dablues - 03-30-2014, 06:01 PM
[] - Ju - 03-30-2014, 06:13 PM
[] - Another Crone - 03-30-2014, 06:17 PM
[] - David B - 03-30-2014, 06:19 PM
[] - swbarnes2 - 03-30-2014 06:35 PM