This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Facebook asking me to send ID over email?
04-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Why is Facebook asking me to send ID over email?
So I was locked out of my Facebook account, and it asked for government ID. I found that to be absolutely ridiculous, but I sent in a scan of my passport with the important information blocked out. I then get an email from them right away, asking that if I already sent in my ID to send it again over email.. I have a feeling that this could be some kind of scam, seeing as I had already sent it. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.
@ Kumel: No, I messed something up myself. I tried to copy and paste a message from a guy I didn't know to show my friend, and I'm assuming this guy probably sent the same lengthy message to multiple users and got in trouble for it. So when Facebook detected the exact same message, the blocked me. The very second I pressed paste.
@ Jake: I did upload it to the site, and the email even said for the subject "thanks for sending your id", and basically asked me to send it again.. Seems weird because it really seems to be from Facebook, but that's the whole point of scams, is that they look convincing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why is Facebook asking me to send ID over email? - Gothlady - 04-02-2014 03:32 PM
[] - Kumel - 04-02-2014, 03:41 PM
[] - shiva - 04-02-2014, 03:42 PM
[] - Jake - 04-02-2014, 03:58 PM
[] - 674 - 04-02-2014, 04:11 PM