This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can You See Who Visits Your Profile On Facebook?
04-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Can You See Who Visits Your Profile On Facebook?
So there's a professor of mine who has a Facebook profile and occasionally in the past few weeks, I'd check to see what she was up to, maybe once or twice a day, though I hadn't yet added her yet as a friend. Part of the reason I'd check was because I was waiting to see if they'd post something on their wall about grades being done (it had taken a while) and the other reason was because I was a bit leary about becoming friends with professors of mine on there, though I still considered the possibility, as we get along really well. However, as I checked the profile today, their status said something like: "I really don't want to know who is stalking my profile 24/7."

So this tells me that either Facebook can track this or the person has a tracker on there themselves, though since they don't know who it is, it probably only tracks IP addresses (correct me if I'm wrong). Would it probably make sense to wait a few days or so and then add them to not look suspicious with the timing? And if I added them, they wouldn't be able to find out my IP address then, right, just in case they wanted to match it? Granted, it might not even be me, but I guess a little paranoia is sitting in.

Advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can You See Who Visits Your Profile On Facebook? - Reginald VelJohnson - 04-04-2014 09:34 PM
[] - HotAirBalloon - 04-04-2014, 09:37 PM
[] - Simcow - 04-04-2014, 09:39 PM
[] - Cassie - 04-04-2014, 09:46 PM