This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there any way that I can put any size picture on instagram without cropping it at all?
04-06-2014, 09:48 PM

Instagram requires square (1:1 aspect ratio) images; the app will enforce the 1:1 crop when you select or take an image to upload. There is no option to turn off this "feature" or adjust the aspect ratio.

There are numerous apps which allow you to add a border in lieu of cropping to achieve the same square aspect ratio for an image -- the obvious compromise is you will have borders at the top/bottom or sides of your image, depending on the original aspect ratio.

I like the app "#Square" -- there are many others which are similar in function. #Square is a quick and easy "passthrough" app and allows additional cropping before adding borders, and allows you to choose any color border. I usually use pure white for the border, since that will "blend" into the default instagram display theme; thus the borders appear invisible to most users.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Chuck - 04-06-2014 09:48 PM
[] - B K - 04-06-2014, 10:00 PM