This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Surveillance video of thief who stole my lexus. what do i do with it? (picture included)?
04-07-2014, 10:25 AM

First off are you saying you do not have comprehensive coverage on a valuable car that has a loan on it. Not judging, just want to make sure, because that is uncommon. Check with your insurance company.
Find your loan contract, read every word. Sometimes it includes VSI, which will pay off the loan amount in the event of an uninsured total loss on the vehicle. Sometimes is not offered, sometimes is an option to purchase at the time the loan is taken out. Read contract, if you just call lender may say you don't have it when actually you do. Happens all the time, they did not record that when the loan was booked.

As for the police, your best bet is to give them any information you have. Put it in writing in short note to the detective assigned to the case. Try to meet with him and tell him situation, if you don't have insurance and are taking a big loss, maybe he can make a few extra calls or try to ID the person in the video.
There is no way for you to know much investigating they will do or what action they will take. Keep in mind they are focused on getting the perpetrators of crimes, not property recovery. They like to recover property and call people with good news.....hey we have your property, but that usually does not happen.
You could meet with a private detective, I am not sure what they could do, but again, even if the detective is able to help the police ID the thief, and that takes weeks, I don't think your car is going to be found.
Maybe if was joy riders it might be found, but often times those cars are badly damaged.
Best of luck, and hope it works out.
a>
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - ugiidriver - 04-07-2014, 10:18 AM
[] - ? - 04-07-2014, 10:20 AM
[] - Gene G - 04-07-2014, 10:22 AM
[] - Gatsby216 - 04-07-2014 10:25 AM