This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to become a psychiatrist but i don't think i am smart enough?
04-07-2014, 11:00 PM

No doubt for studying medicine you would be needing higher grades. But, since you are unable to do so don't get yourself stressed. You can simply become a psychologist...

First let me tell you the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist...

A psychiatrist is someone who can prescribe drugs and holds an MBBS Degree. They do not talk to people or undergo any therapy whereas a psychologist is someone who specializes in many therapies and teaches people skills to improve their personal self or relationships.

To become a psychologist does not require extraordinary grades. Yet the field is now growing and now in demand.

There are many areas which you could study. You can go for

1. Applied Psychology (covering all areas of psychology).

2. Clinical Psychology (deals with the psychiatric disorders).

3. Neuropsychology (deals structure and function of the brain as they relate to specific psychological processes and behaviors).

4. Environmental psychology ( deals with the interplay between humans and their surroundings).

5. Industrial Psychology (study of employees, workplaces, and organizations. Industrial and organizational psychologists contribute to an organization's success by improving the performance, satisfaction, safety, health and well-being of its employees).

6. Child Psychology (deals with the social and mental development of children).

7. Educational Psychology (study of human learning. This involves studying instructional processes within the classroom setting. Study of learning processes, both cognitive and affective, allows researchers to understand individual differences in behavior, personality, intellect, and self- concept. It heavily relies on testing, measurement, assessment, evaluation, and training to enhance educational activities and learning processes).

So, there are a variety of fields in which you can pursue your career. If you still want to be a psychiatrist being a clinical psychologist is the best alternative. Choice is yours..

Best of Luck..!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Auroch - 04-07-2014, 10:36 PM
[] - Michael - 04-07-2014, 10:47 PM
[] - Y - 04-07-2014, 10:59 PM
[] - maria - 04-07-2014 11:00 PM