This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I see a doctor - social anxiety?
04-08-2014, 04:17 AM
Should I see a doctor - social anxiety?
Okay so, my dad left when I was 5, but I don't really think that affected me much, anyways I was really confident up until I was 15, when I came out and my friends all ditched me for being a lesbian. Although I made different friends, my confidence never came back and I hardly ever spoke. I then started being bullied by my step dad, which led to depression, resulting in me failing school. After I finished school, I cut myself off from most people, apart from a few people. My girlfriend was the only person I could have proper conversations with, until she moved to Calgary in Canada. Which meant we had a long distance relationship and only spoke via video chat. I started to get acne, which made me self concious and I always refused to video chat. Which then led to the relationship ending. I then went super depressed, I often thought about suicide and cut myself. I even refused to leave the house which lasted for 2 years. Now I've started work I have a constant fear people judge me and are looking at my acne scars, I blush and stutter whenever someone talks to me and I can't even carry on conversations. In my head I want to carry on the conversation but I always only answer with 'yeah' or I just laugh. I blush all the time and avoid social events like family get togethers and parties. I can only talk to friends via Facebook because I don't like meeting up with people.

I know I need to overcome this but I don't know how. As much as I'd hate to should I see a doctor?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should I see a doctor - social anxiety? - Cat - 04-08-2014 04:17 AM
[] - John - 04-08-2014, 04:27 AM
[] - DeAnne - 04-08-2014, 04:28 AM
[] - freesongs - 04-08-2014, 04:37 AM