This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I see a doctor - social anxiety?
04-08-2014, 04:37 AM

I can feel your pain. Maybe others sharing similar challenges will decrease the alienation and anxiety you feel.
http://psychcentral.com/resources/Sexual...an_Issues/
Maybe some of your issues could be helped with a therapist or at least a support group for depression:
http://psychcentral.com/resources/Depres...rt_Groups/
here are some lifestyle choices
A doctor or psychiatrist, or a therapist or social worker are traditional responses.
Food can be a source of health or it can be fuel on the fire of depression. If you are eating lots of sweets and carbohydrates and starches, you are setting yourself up for the letdown after the sugar high passes. This in itself can be a roller coaster experience. A high protein diet, either or both vegetable (tofu, soy products) and animal (yogurt, milk, eggs (the whites are all protein, the yokes are all fat, chicken range fed preferred, wild caught fish) Cut down or cut out carbos and feel the difference. Fruit can be subbed for desserts. Nuts can be a sub for snacks.
Yoga, exercise or walking, meditation (follow the breath 5-15 minutes on awakening and before sleeping)
Listen to soothing music.
Online support groups
Help others with simple things like yard work or house work. Sometimes people open up to you when you are not trying to open them up.
I want everyone to be happy too. How I work on that is to try to find the common ground and have compassion for those that are opposed to me. The Dali Lama is great for this kind of compassion. The Open Heart addresses compassion and practicing helping all sentient beings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John - 04-08-2014, 04:27 AM
[] - DeAnne - 04-08-2014, 04:28 AM
[] - freesongs - 04-08-2014 04:37 AM