This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think social anxiety should represented more in the media?
04-08-2014, 04:43 AM

an interesting question/observation, but consider the following: anxiety tends to be a part of the whole mental health/psychology world. I dont know how old you are but back in the day this was a big issue. For instance, in the 80's, 90's when they caught all these serial killers they made the front page of many newspapers (jeffrey dahmer, ted bundy, i dont even remember others) and much of the issue being portrayed was mental health (schizophrenia was tossed around alot, as well as antisocial personality disorder or equivelant term, etc..), also, the media coverage of postal service employees who snap and shoot up the place is similar.

what Im getting at by mentioning these is that social anxiety is kind of related to these more serious mental/medical conditions, and they have already been covered extensively.

Im not sure what youre really getting at with this question... you say that people with disabilities make the news? and your argument is "they make the news for being messed up, so other people should make the news for having anxiety/an anxiety disorder". if somebody has anxiety, its not really newsworthy. if somebody has a diagnosable anxiety disorder, its still not newsworthy. if they have said disorder, and they do something newsworthy, then the disorder becomes newsworthy. People dont just make the news because they are a certain way. At least I certainly hope not lmao.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Razmtaz - 04-08-2014 04:43 AM
[] - Pamela - 04-08-2014, 04:47 AM