This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is selling on craigslist safe?
04-08-2014, 06:45 PM

Craigslist is ONLY for face to face CASH transaction or you are being scammed. Always meet the buyer in the public location of your choice - Starbucks, public library, hotel lobby, mall food court, etc
Anyone wanting to pay with check/money order will send you a fake one. Anyone asking to pay with Paypal will pay with a hacked account hoping you ship the item before the real account holder reports the theft and Paypal withdraws the money. NEVER ship anything anywhere or it's a scam
Read Craigslist's scam warning page http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
As long as you deal with local buyers, meet in a public location with other people around and get cash in hand before you hand over the item, you won't get scammed
When listing anything electronic (games consoles, tablets, laptops, phones, etc) be sure to put something like CASH ONLY, LOCAL BUYERS ONLY, NO SHIPPING, NO EXCEPTIONS in your ad and ignore everyone wanting anything else. The scammers will target you with electronics. Last time I tried to list a phone, I had 6 scammers contact me within 24 hours all claiming to be out of town or wanting me to ship to a brother/son/cousin overseas or in another state. Ignore them all - don't even reply or they will spam you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Officer Friendly - 04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
[] - Tim - 04-08-2014, 06:39 PM
[] - Kittysue - 04-08-2014 06:45 PM