This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can people selling things online scam you?
04-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Ask them if they have more pictures. Ask them what it is made out of and whether it is stiff or soft. Find out what the return policy is.

Sometimes things online are not as nice as you thought or hoped from the picture. But have almost never been scammed. I have bought literally over 1000 things online and rarely had a problem other than me not reading the description properly, or sometimes I buy things that don't fit as well as I hoped. Or sometimes I assume things that are not shown and stated (like I thought a pair of slacks were khaki fabric but they were stretch pants). I went to a business party tonight and realized everything I was wearing except my underwear/slip came from Ebay - skirt, blouse, shoes, cardigan, coat - all from Ebay at various times.

I do most of my buying on Ebay and Amazon where sellers care about the ratings they get from buyers since everyone can see that. I also use Paypal for all Ebay purchases and any other time I can because then the only place that has my credit card number is Paypal. The only times my credit card number has been stolen were from in-person purchases, never online.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - luckygurl409 - 04-08-2014, 06:36 PM
[] - cathugger - 04-08-2014 06:40 PM