This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I be sued if I have a domain name similar to another website and offer a service that is similar, but not?
04-08-2014, 07:29 PM

You're treading a very fine line with that since you're asking if you can just put letters in front of urbanspoon without giving the example that you want to use. This shows that you're trying to "piggyback" on their success so-to-speak and can be used to demonstrate infringement on their brand.

If you have a food review site and use a well-known food review brand in your domain name, you're asking for trouble. Your best bet to beat the competition is to stand apart from it and brand yourself accordingly. You say it will only be dealing with a specific type of food. What type of food will that be? How can you incorporate that into creating your own unique brand identity?

I'm not saying this to discourage you. I am simply a marketing and web professional who doesn't like seeing start-ups makes too many mistakes, especially ones that might get them sued. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Craig V - 04-08-2014, 07:20 PM
[] - Muse - 04-08-2014 07:29 PM
[] - ? - 04-08-2014, 07:33 PM
[] - Amrendra - 04-08-2014, 07:35 PM