This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worried about being accepted in Japan (appearance-wise)?
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Hi Smile I stumbled across your question and thought maybe I could help you a bit because I'm Japanese.And also my hight is almost the same as yours(164.5cm) and am pear-shaped too.

First of all,you really don't have to worry anything about your looks or appearance.Anything AT ALL.
You are neither too fat nor too ugly.On the contrary,you look very pretty.So you can stop being paranoid now.You will be welcomed and accepted and definetely many Japanese boys will get a crush on youWink

And as for clothes sizing,Uniqlo's clothes are tend to be made rather on the small side so if you had to go a size up or two,it doesn't mean you are too fat.It's just that their clothes run small,no worry.
And one more thing to keep in mind.As our hight is taller than the average of Japanese women,when you fit mini-skirts or dresses,they could be too short for you even if you try the biggest size like Large.It often happens to me at least.But you will have no problems with tops like shirts or jackets,things like that.And generally,clothing prices in Japan is a little bit more expensive than in the states,you may need a little more budget than when you go shopping in the states.It depends on where you shop though.

I'm not so sure about our standard of the beauty because you see it's like said there's no accounting for tastes.But I'm sure people think of you very pretty and beautiful as I said first.At least they will never think you are ugly or that sort of stupid thing.I know it will be hard for you to meet people for the first time when you are shy,especially when you are in a foreign country.It's okay if you can't be 'social' from the first moment.Just try to keep a smile on your face.No matter where you go,people can't take it wrong. I think all you need now is a little bit of self-esteem.Don't forget,you are a very pretty girl.

I hope this helps and more than that you will enjoy Japan and have a lot of fun!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jay R - 04-08-2014, 07:33 PM
[] - Martin - 04-08-2014, 07:39 PM
[] - RealAnswers - 04-08-2014, 07:39 PM
[] - Never-Again - 04-08-2014, 07:49 PM
[] - Amy - 04-08-2014 07:52 PM
[] - swelwynemma - 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM
[] - Michiyo - 04-08-2014, 08:05 PM
[] - san - 04-08-2014, 08:10 PM
[] - Madame M - 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM