This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do i get such a low download speed?
04-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Why do i get such a low download speed?
I know that you've been asked this question before, but i couldn't understand all of it. So, my ISP provides me 24 Mega bits per second but when i divide it by 8 i get 3 Mega bytes per second, which is not my download speed at all. My download speed is around 200 Kilo byte per second. My question is, why do i get this download speed when i should get 1 Mega byte per second the least..?
From what i've seen from the first 3 answers, nothing helped me at all except that i learnt a few more things. So, the results i got on dslreports.com were nothing but cr*p, i already made a speedtest so thank you for your help karl, Check every single update my router/modem and Windows already have it installed,thank you by the way for your tip/answer, Steve L you i understand what you are trying to tell me. The distance from my home to the "office" as you said, is about 2 kilometres and i didn't understand only the example that you gave. I want to say thank you for your help, at least you tried to help me out. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why do i get such a low download speed? - Porta - 04-08-2014 07:34 PM
[] - karl - 04-08-2014, 07:38 PM
[] - Steve L - 04-08-2014, 07:44 PM
[] - Check - 04-08-2014, 07:46 PM