This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to leave church and join LDS?
04-08-2014, 08:29 PM

I wouldn't make a big deal of it, I'd start at your new church and perhaps come by to say goodbye in private to anybody you're close to, but be careful, sometimes you think there is a friendship but things could change fast, unfortunately. Just remember, some will judge you harshly and some churches are running a business rather than working for your soul and it's hard to see at first.

I think you're making a good move for yourself; I've been a Mormon all of my life and love the influence it brings into my life.

One thing you'll find from time to time are people who aren't super kind towards the church, for example the one who said that it's impossible to get off the roster - I guess if you clam up and don't talk to anybody it could be difficult, if you go to meet with the Bishop and say "I'd like my name removed" it's done in about 5 minutes. It's so easy to twist things - but don't worry about what people say against the church - those things pulling you towards it are real and lasting.

Good luck with the transition, hopefully you're able to build faith rather than to have to rebuild it; focus on the benefits of having the church restored and don't look back into your past, just move forward with the fullness of truth and enjoy it, hard times will come as they always do but your increased faith will help you through those hard times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to leave church and join LDS? - Mikael - 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
[] - curtis - 04-08-2014, 07:57 PM
[] - Annsan_In_Him - 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM
[] - SupaStar - 04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
[] - geessewereabove - 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM
[] - rrosskopf - 04-08-2014, 08:23 PM
[] - joshsy - 04-08-2014 08:29 PM