This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If i bring my router from my old apartment to a new one, am I still connected to my old internet service?
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
If i bring my router from my old apartment to a new one, am I still connected to my old internet service?
I just moved out of an apartment and I have Charter Internet (haven't cancelled it yet, it's still active in my old apartment). When I got into my new apartment I hooked up my old router to an ethernet cord that is shared with the neighboring house that is allowing me to use their internet. When going on my laptop to connect to the internet, a window popped up saying i was connected to my router (which was under the same name as the one at my old apartment). My question is, is the internet that I am connected to still apart of my charter account in my name? I wasn't sure if the router connected me to my account at charter. I want to cancel charter, but I wanna make sure i'll still have internet at my new place. I assume that i'm just connected to the neighbors internet and the router doesn't matter.

Any help would be much appreciated. thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
If i bring my router from my old apartment to a new one, am I still connected to my old internet service? - Adam A - 04-08-2014 07:51 PM
[] - ! - 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM
[] - Carling - 04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
[] - Matt The person - 04-08-2014, 08:05 PM
[] - Andy T - 04-08-2014, 08:07 PM